The root canal is a dental treatment that treats infection and disease in the tooth’s root pulp. Usually, when the pulp in the root has an infection, the tooth needs to be removed. The teeth have to be extracted and removed so that infection does not spread to the neighboring healthy teeth.
Doing a root canal can help avoid tooth removal. Dental clinics have very good facilities for root canal treatment. When a dentist does a root canal, they clean the hollow canal in the root of the infected teeth. They disinfect and decontaminate the canal. After that, they insert an inert filling into the canal. The root canal was a very painful procedure in the olden times.
However, modern and advanced dental treatment technology has made root canal a painless treatment today. Let’s know the benefits of a root canal.
Root Canal Stops Pain And Infection
There is severe pain in the teeth when the root pulp is infected. A root canal stops the pain. Our dental clinic has the best dentist in Dallas who does root canal treatment.
- Having a root canal helps in healing infections in the root of the tooth
- When the pulp is infected, there is inflammation, and it causes severe pain Root canal treats inflammation and is the best treatment to live without pain
A Tooth Can Be Saved If Root Canal Is Done
When you have tooth decay, the root pulp is infected. The dentist will remove your tooth to prevent the remaining teeth from getting infected.
- If you get a root canal done, you may save your tooth.
- A root canal is the best way to avoid the extraction and removal of the tooth.
Root Canal Is Almost Painless
The days when people feared a root canal because of the extreme pain that it caused are gone. At present, a root canal doesn’t cause so much pain.
- Root canals need not be feared anymore as it is almost painless
- Dentists use advanced technology and anesthesia during a root canal that makes the treatment a comfortable and easy procedure
Doing A Root Canal Helps You Eat And Live Normally
Life can become distressed after tooth decay and infection in the roots. A root canal helps you lead a normal life.
- Having an infected tooth may stop you from eating foods that you enjoy
- Swelling and infection in the teeth cause a problem in chewing foods, but when you do a root canal, you can bite and chew food in a better way
- You can eat food like before after a root canal treatment
Root Canal Improves Your Smile And Looks
Root canal improves your appearance and looks. A tooth loss may cause a gap or space between the teeth. It impacts your smile and looks.
- Having a root canal avoids the problem of the gap between teeth
- It helps improve your smile and facial beauty. You get a natural smile after a root canal
It Stops Healthy Teeth From Getting Infected
A root canal helps stop healthy teeth from being infected.
- Infection in the tooth’s root pulp area can spread to other teeth. A root canal doesn’t let the bacteria in the infected root spread to adjacent teeth
- It is the best treatment for preventing the spreading of infection and limiting the damage to the roots of infected teeth
Root Canal Saves Money And Time
A root canal is an effective and timesaving treatment for people who have tooth decay.
- Removing the tooth is inconvenient, and dentists take time to make and fix dentures
- It takes time to make and fix bridges and implants. Such dental solutions may be expensive. Long-term expenses on doing tooth removal followed by dentures and implants are high, while a root canal is a low-cost treatment comparatively
- A root canal is cost-effective, especially if you have an insurance
- Doing a root canal doesn’t take much time to do as implants and dentures
A root canal is the best treatment for an infected tooth. Your dentist can do a root canal in a single sitting or multiple sessions depending on the condition of your teeth and how severe the problem is. After a root canal, the dentist puts a temporary filling before crowning the tooth. People who want to get a root canal done can schedule an appointment with us.