We know that many people are fearful of dental procedures and experience anxiety before and during their dental visit. To make your visit more enjoyable and relaxing, some affordable dentures practices now offer conscious sedation.
Sedation Dentistry is used to provide a relaxing and anxiety-free experience for certain people receiving dental treatment.
It enables individuals too afraid to go to the Dentist Plano TX to receive the dental care they need while avoiding the common apprehension known as dental phobia.
What Is Sedation Dentistry
Sedation Dentistry uses medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. It’s sometimes referred to as “sleep dentistry,” although that’s not entirely accurate. Patients are usually awake with the exception of those who are under general anesthesia.
The levels of sedation used include:
- Minimal sedation — you are awake but relaxed.
- Moderate sedation (formerly called “conscious sedation”) — you may slur your words when speaking and not remember much of the procedure.
- Deep sedation — you are on the edge of consciousness but can still be awakened.
- General anesthesia — you are completely unconscious.
Sedation is a process used to establish a relaxed, easy and calm state through the use of sedatives.
Types of Dental Sedation
The 3 most common forms of Sedation Dentistry on offer are:
- Inhalation sedation (also known as “laughing gas”, “happy gas”, nitrous oxide, “gas and air”, relative analgesia)
- Oral sedation (anti-anxiety pills or a liquid)
- Intravenous (IV) sedation (drugs administered into the bloodstream through a vein – that’s what “intravenous” stands for)
You Are Not Alone
Talk to our Dentist Plano TX about your fears and concerns so that together you can decide on the best treatment for you. It’s important to remember that dentistry has come a long way. Years of research have been dedicated to studying and finding methods to alleviate pain and anxiety. There are safe and time-tested options available to ensure that you have a positive and painless experience. Step out from under the shadow of fear and into the calm of sedation dentistry. You are not alone and you don’t have to be afraid anymore.